Join Carbondale Recreation, Aloha Mountain Cyclery, Independence Run and Hike, and RFTA for the ultimate Full Moon Winter Race!!!! The route: 3K out and back run from the rodeo grounds to main street; 4K cross country out and back ski from the rodeo grounds to Catherine Store Bridge; 5K bike race around the rodeo grounds. Run the entire triathlon individually, or put together a team. Teams can be 2 or 3 people, each completing a different leg of their choice during triathlon. Post race, enjoy a giant bonfire, hot soup and bread, snacks, awards, and a beautiful full moon. This is a great event for all levels, especially people who aren’t skilled at one particular event. This is a fun, safe, short, fast course, with a big party afterwards.
September 1 – January 10 (12pm)
$35 Per Individual or Team
|Day of Registration|
January 11 3-4pm
$40 Per Individual or Team
All registrations $5 off with a non-perishable food item for Lift Up
Packet Pick Up: Friday, January 10th 12-5pm or Saturday, January 11th 3:30pm
Race Staging: Saturday, January 11th 3:30-4:15pm
Race Start: 4:30pm as the full moon rises
Additional Race Info:
– Please note the Pre-Registration dates and Day of packet pick up dates are incorrect in the brochure. See above for correct dates and times.
– You can still register after 12pm on the 10th, however you will be charged the day of registration rate and you can pick up your packets Saturday, January 11th at 3:30pm.
– There are numerous places to rent or borrow both bikes or skis. We also have several bikes people are willing to loan out for the event. Please contact Aloha Mountain Cyclery 970-963-2500 about bike information and Independence Run and Hike 970-704-0909 about cross country ski information.
– If you would like to participate in one or two events, but need a teammate we can help. Contact the race director, Margaret Donnelly, at 970-510-1280. Leave your name, contact information, and the parts of the race you can do and we will help get you matched with a fellow racer.
– You must have appropriate winter race clothing, appropriate foot wear for the run, cross country skis (the track is groomed for skate or Nordic), a fat bike and helmet, and appropriate self illumination for all three events. The course is lit by your own head lamps and a full moon if it is clear.
-When you register as a team please list all the participants name and the leg of the race they are completing.