February Fitness Challenge
– Free for members and non-members (Staff not eligible)
– Attend as many classes as you can from February 1-29
– Register for a FREE card from the front desk staff to track your progress in the fitness challenge
– 1 class attended= 1 punch
– 5 punches = 1 complete card
– 1 complete card = 1 entry into drawing
– Unlimited entries allowed
– On March 1 the winning card will be drawn, and winner will be notified
– Boost your chances by bringing a friend to class and receive an additional punch on your card
*Cannot bring a friend who is also already enrolled in the challenge*
Class Cancellations for the Week:
Chair Yoga (Fran)
Tuesdays and Thursdays 10:30 – 11:30 AM
Move your whole body through a complete series of seated and standing yoga poses. Chair support is offered to safely increase flexibility, balance and range of movement.
Hatha Yoga (Joanne)
Wednesdays and Fridays 7:30- 8:30AM
Classes will increase your range of motion, facilitate relaxation and release tension. For all fitness levels!
Asana Moves (Sana)
Yoga that incudes flow, stretch, breath and a quest to find your inner warrior!
Tuesdays and Thursdays
7:30AM- 8:30AM (Valerie)
Join our high-energy spin class for a fun-filled, heart-pumping workout. Spin to the rhythm of motivating music and let our experienced instructors guide you through a fantastic ride, leaving you feeling exhilarated and refreshed. Register in advance.
Pilates Mat Class (Sana)
Tuesdays and Thursdays 12-1PM
A regimen designed to develop efficiency and ease of movement throughout the whole body while building your core strength and balance. Great class for beginners and advanced alike.
Mondays (Kelley) and Wednesdays (Margaret) 10:30-11:30AM
A variety of exercises designed to increase muscular strength, range of movement and activity for daily living.
High Level Circuit (Parker)
Tuesdays and Thursdays 1-2PM
A 45min functional fitness class that uses mostly weighted or resisted movements. You can expect a mix of HIIT, Tabata, and Reps & Rounds.
Mon, Wed and Fri 6-7AM
An “all systems go” strength and conditioning class designed to sculpt your body and ignite your day. Daybreakers focuses on higher intensity training, combined with movements and exercises aimed at transforming your overall fitness level.
Yin Yoga (Joanne)
Slow-paced with postures/asanas that are held for longer periods of time to increase circulation in joints and improve flexibility.
Dance fitness classes that are fun, energetic, and make you feel amazing.
Strength Circuit (Kelley)
Tuesdays and Thursdays 9-10AM
Get ready for a fun and invigorating strength circuit class that combines resistance training and cardio to boost your strength and fitness levels.
Fitness For Life (Lia)
Mondays and Wednesdays 9-10AM
This class will focus on functional movements and circuit training. Elevate your fitness levels with dynamic exercises that translate into everyday activities. This high-energy, circuit session combines cardio and strength training for an effective, well-rounded workout with a technique and functional movement focus.
Executive Lunch Crunch (Todd)
Mondays and Wednesdays 12-1PM
Join us for the ‘Executive Lunch Crunch’ and elevate your midday routine. In just 60 minutes, you’ll have the chance to ‘workout like a boss’ by blending efficient routines with strength exercises. This class is all about powering up your body and mind with a great workout, so you can conquer your day with the confidence and strength of a true boss!
Our personal trainers are highly certified strength and conditioning professionals. The personal trainers work as independent contractors, have the ability to set their own schedule, and will help you to develop and or improve your exercise routine. The one-on-one personal training allows you to choose the instructor and time package that best fits your needs. Personal trainers can provide fitness goal setting, nutritional guidance, weight training outlines, sport specific training, balance and flexibility training.
Please email our Health & Wellness Coordinator Lia with any personal training requests or questions. Lbarskey@carbondaleco.net
- 1 Private Coaching Session: $115 (this is a 1.5 hour coaching session with a personal trainer to discuss your personal training needs/goals and line out a basic plan of what it would take to meet those goals)
- 3 Private Training Sessions: $173
- 5 Private Training Sessions: $274
- 10 Private Training Sessions: $519
- 20 Private Training Sessions: $980
- 3 Buddy Training Sessions: 2 person $294
- 5 Buddy Training Sessions: 2 person $466
- 10 Buddy Training Sessions: 2 person $882
- 20 Buddy Training Sessions: 2 person $1,665
- Body Fat Testing: $21
All Personal Training Sessions are 55 minutes in length
Meet The Trainers
Experienced personal trainer with a BS in Kinesiology from Colorado State University.
Held managerial roles at Fitness Plus and supervised at Lakewood Athletic Club, accumulating nine years of industry expertise.
Instructed seven health and science classes at Arapaho Community College, showcasing a commitment to educating others about fitness and wellness.
Owner of “Custom Body Works,” his own personal training business.
Competed as a decathlete and heptathlete at the University of Washington and earned a Master’s degree in Intercollegiate Athletic Leadership.
Currently training for the 2024 Olympics in the 800m, with a focus on achieving the highest level of athletic excellence.
NASM Certified Personal Trainer with over a decade of experience in crafting elite-level training programs, coaching, and integrating the latest exercise science research.
Passionate about tailoring training programs to suit a diverse clientele and fostering a holistic approach to wellness among clients.
The Carbondale Recreation Center offers you a variety of equipment in our strength and conditioning area and outdoor exercise area including cardiovascular equipment, weight machines, and free weight equipment. Our cardiovascular equipment consists of treadmills, ellipticals, recumbent bikes, and Lemond Revmaster Cycles. We also offer you a number of weight machines for major and minor muscle groups. The free weight area has a power rack, smith machine, decline adjustable bench, 3 adjustable benches, dumbbells ranging from 1 lb. to 100 lbs., and more!
Weight Room Rules
- WIPE DOWN EQUIPMENT AFTER USE
- RETURN ALL EQUIPMENT AFTER USE
- PROPER CLOSED-TOE ATHLETIC FOOTWEAR AND SHIRTS THAT COVER ENTIRE TORSO REQUIRED
- NO INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE
- NO AMPLIFIED MUSIC
- TAKE PHONE CALLS OUTSIDE
- 10-13 YR. OLDS MUST HAVE A DOCTOR’S RELEASE AND GUARDIAN SUPERVISION TO USE WEIGHT ROOM9 AND UNDER ARE NOT PERMITTED IN WEIGHT ROOM
- 14 & 15 YR. OLDS MUST HAVE A DOCTOR’S RELEASE, GUARDIAN PERMISSION AND A FITNESS ORIENTATION