We love to keep this race interesting and different. This year all teams will cover a different 2 mile course than last year. This course will be fun and challenging for all age levels. There will be 50 easy Peeps made out of chalk for the little ones to fine to add bonus points. There will be photos to recreate the photo with your team. This is challenging for all ages.
New this year we will have one Golden Peep that is a grand prize for a team to have first crack at the Give Away Table. As always we will have prizes for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place teams, and the team with the Best Costume. All of this will be followed by a giveaway full of prizes donated by local businesses.
Celebrating Healthy Eating Active Living (H. E. A. L.)
Showcasing wellness practitioners and businesses who support the health and well-being of our community.
In this class, you will learn how to mill flours from different grains. We will then learn how to turn this flour into bread for dinner.
Registration Deadline: Friday, February 21
Join Carbondale Parks and Recreation for an exciting evening in Redstone. We’ll have dinner at the Redstone Inn, and then enjoy some bingo to cap off the evening. Bring money for dinner and bingo!
Day: Thursday, February 20
Hey preschoolers! Join us on the bus for some art time. Parents must remain in attendance the whole time. This program is parent-supervised. Join Drea Marsh in a creative adventure!
Ages: 3-5 years
February 8: Picasso Hearts, Heart Garlands, and Valentines
(Cancelled) April 4: Matisse Collages, Paper Flowers, and Wax Paper Easter Eggs
May 2: Banksy Inspired Stencil Art
June 13: Kandinsky Inspired Art
Time: 9:30-9:45am Greet students; 9:45-10am group time songs games and art lesson; 10-10:50am time to create; 10:50-11am clean up and departure
Location: The bus will be located in the back parking to the north of the Rec Center; Backup location will be the CRCC Activity Room
Max: 10 preschoolers and parents
Natural fermentation is one of the oldest means of food preservation. Learn the science of preparing and storing sauerkraut and fermented vegetables safely in this hands-on workshop. Classes are taught by the CSU extension program.
Registration Deadline: Friday, January 17
Join Carbondale Recreation, Aloha Mountain Cyclery, Independence Run and Hike, and RFTA for the ultimate Full Moon Winter Race!!!! The route: 3K out and back run from the rodeo grounds to main street; 4K cross country out and back ski from the rodeo grounds to Catherine Store Bridge; 5K bike race around the rodeo grounds. Run the entire triathlon individually, or put together a team. Teams can be 2 or 3 people, each completing a different leg of their choice during triathlon. Post race, enjoy a giant bonfire, hot soup and bread, snacks, awards, and a beautiful full moon. This is a great event for all levels, especially people who aren’t skilled at one particular event. This is a fun, safe, short, fast course, with a big party afterwards.
September 1 – January 10 (12pm)
$35 Per Individual or Team
|Day of Registration|
January 11 3-4pm
$40 Per Individual or Team
All registrations $5 off with a non-perishable food item for Lift Up
Packet Pick Up: Friday, January 10th 12-5pm or Saturday, January 11th 3:30pm
Race Staging: Saturday, January 11th 3:30-4:15pm
Race Start: 4:30pm as the full moon rises
Additional Race Info:
– Please note the Pre-Registration dates and Day of packet pick up dates are incorrect in the brochure. See above for correct dates and times.
– You can still register after 12pm on the 10th, however you will be charged the day of registration rate and you can pick up your packets Saturday, January 11th at 3:30pm.
– There are numerous places to rent or borrow both bikes or skis. We also have several bikes people are willing to loan out for the event. Please contact Aloha Mountain Cyclery 970-963-2500 about bike information and Independence Run and Hike 970-704-0909 about cross country ski information.
– If you would like to participate in one or two events, but need a teammate we can help. Contact the race director, Margaret Donnelly, at 970-510-1280. Leave your name, contact information, and the parts of the race you can do and we will help get you matched with a fellow racer.
– You must have appropriate winter race clothing, appropriate foot wear for the run, cross country skis (the track is groomed for skate or Nordic), a fat bike and helmet, and appropriate self illumination for all three events. The course is lit by your own head lamps and a full moon if it is clear.
-When you register as a team please list all the participants name and the leg of the race they are completing.
We will continue our very popular adult broomball league for ages 18 and up. Broomball sticks are provided. Helmets are REQUIRED & HEAVILY ENFORCED. Kneepads, elbow pads, and/
or wrist-guards are highly recommended, as are helmets with full face masks.
Ages: 18+ years
Days: Wednesday and Friday Nights
Registration Deadline: Friday, December 21
Ride the newly updated Glenwood Caverns tram to check out more than half a million lights at the top. There will be live music and food and drink specials.
Cost: $10 (bring money for lunch/dinner/etc)
Registration Deadline: One week prior
Includes 2 hours of jump time (trampolines, dodgeball, foam pit, and ninja course). **Parents please sign the Get Air waiver during registration. Available online ONLY at https://silo.getairmanagement.com/waiver.html
Registration Deadline: One week prior