Martial Arts classes for children & adults. Improve your balance, strength, coordination, and flexibility. Integrate body, mind, and spirit using the Taekwondo tenets: Courtesy, Integrity, Perseverance, Self-Control and Indomitable Spirit. Sahn Taekwondo classes are taught by Nationally and Internationally certified instructors: Ms. Cedar Rose Guelberth, 3rd Dan, & Grand Master Richard Hodder, 9th Dan. Six-month pre-registration discounts available.
Ages: 6 years & up
Days: Tuesdays & Thursdays 5:30-6:30pm, Saturdays 10am-11am
Dates: Year Round
Cost: $90/month; $73/month (2nd member of family); $53/month (3rd and more family members)
For more information: Ms. Cedar Rose (970) 948-8774
Join us Mondays at 1pm for FREE. If you have SilverSneakers, Silver&Fit, Active &Fit, or Renew Active, please bring your membership card and check-in.
Womens Skills and Drills Clinic
Level of play: Intermediate/Advanced
Format: Preparing for a women’s doubles competition? Then join this skill and drill clinic. Please Note: This clinic is not for beginners. Basic knowledge of the game is essential. We will focus on these skills through a variety of drills: May 1- dinking and dink volleys, attacking from the non-volley zone line, resetting & blocking from the non-volley zone line & mid-court, May 8- baseline skills, transition zone skills, May 15- serving, returning, lobs and overheads. May 22- Sweet Sixteen Tournament. May 29- Ladder Competition.
Dates: May 1, 8, 15, 22, and 29
May 22 will be a Sweet 16 tournament. We ask that you are not gone on the 22nd. The 29th is Memorial Day, so whoever is in town can participate in a ladder competition.
Beginner Pickleball Clinic- 3 week series
Requirements: None – have your own paddle
Format: Learn proper serving, returning, dinking, drops, and drives, and rules of the game.
Dates: June 7, 14, 21
Time: 5:00 – 6:15 pm
Instructor: Nannette Weinhold
Join us for the third annual Tri for the Sun! This Triathlon is put on by the Town of Carbondale Parks and Rec Department and Sunlight Mountain Resort. We couldn’t be more excited to see competitors swim, bike, and trail running through our beautiful Valley! Pick your poison with a gravel or a road bike for the stunning ride over dry park road. Racers had success with both styles of bike last year so ride what’s right for you. The 5k running portion is all on rugged trail so make sure you get some hilly dirt work in before race day.
The Tri for the Sun is a unique sprint triathlon that will start at the John M. Fleet Carbondale Pool and end at Sunlight Mountain Resort! This is a non-sanctioned triathlon.
Starting at the Carbondale Pool, swim a half mile (32 lengths/16 laps), transition in Sopris Park to road/gravel bike and ride 16 miles to Sunlight (2,700ft vertical gain), and then transition at Sunlight Mountain Resort to a 5k trail run up the mountain (600ft vertical gain).
This event will be hand-timed, and all participants will need to abide by bicycle and pedestrian traffic laws on the road sections.
The route for bikers will include Main Street in Carbondale, traveling through the round-about, continuing up Thompson Creek Road (CR108), turning right onto Dry Park Road, and culminating up 4 Mile Road to Sunlight Resort. Helmets are required at all times during the biking portion.
The trail run will lead you from the resort into the stunning trail system of Babbish Gulch. You will run on 30% double track and 70% single track. There is no pavement in the run.
Register Here: https://www.trisignup.com/Race/CO/Carbondale/TrifortheSun
Join Carbondale Parks and Rec for a beautiful Saturday in Palisade. We will begin with the Palisade Lavender Festival in the morning, then visit downtown Palisade for lunch, and cap off the day with a couple winery visits! Bring money for shopping, lunch, and wine tastings!
Date: June 24
Registration Deadline: One week prior
Location: The van will depart from and return to the Carbondale Recreation and Community Center, with additional pick up/drop off locations at Sopris Lodge and Crystal Meadows Senior Housing. If you live downvalley and would like to arrange a pick up/drop off at a neutral location, please call the CRCC at 970-510-1290.
Our Town One Table: Community Dinner
How it works:
- All you need to do is reserve as many tables as you need for you and your group. Tables are 8 feet long and can comfortably seat 6-8 people. For reservations, please email Jamie : email@example.com
- We will provide the tables the day of the event. They will be lined up along 4th street (Main to Euclid)
- You only need to provide food and chairs for your table(s). We ask that you pack in and pack out as much as possible to help with the clean up in the end. Alcohol is not permitted at the event.
- This is a FREE event that is typically sponsored by local businesses to help cover the cost of the tables. If you would like to become a sponsor, please email Jamie as well.
- This years theme is TBD. You do not have to participate in table decorating, but if you do – there is a chance to win BEST TABLE and a prize!
- This years date is Sunday, August 20th and will be held at the same location on 4th and Main street (along 4th going down to Garfield/Euclid)
- Table check in begins at 3:30pm (first come first serve)
- Dinner beings at 5pm
- The event usually ends around 7:30/8pm when it starts to get dark out
The Silver&Fit exercise and healthy aging program is provided by American Specialty Health. It’s designed specifically for older adults. You may get access to Silver&Fit as a Medicare beneficiary through many insurance companies’ Medicare Advantage and Supplement plans.
Certain Medicare Advantage and Medicare Supplement plans include the Silver&Fit program as a benefit. Some people may also get access through a group retirement health plan.
You must meet at least one of these criteria to be eligible for Silver&Fit:
- You are age 65 or older.
- You are currently enrolled in Medicare.
To find out if you’re eligible, visit this online Silver&Fit eligibility check. You’ll need accept the Terms and Conditions, then enter your first name, last name, and birth date. If you’re an eligible Silver&Fit program member, follow the steps to enroll online.
We also accept Active&Fit.
Renew Active is available at no additional cost, exclusively from UnitedHealthcare® Medicare Plans.
Renew Active is a fitness program for body and mind designed to help people live their best lives and achieve their health and wellness goals. It provides access to an extensive choice of more than 6,000 fitness locations, including national, regional and local options, at no additional cost.
Please visit https://uhcrenewactive.com/home for more information.
The SilverSneakers Fitness Program offers a unique blend of physical activity, healthy lifestyle and socially oriented programming that enables older adults to take greater control of their health. It is available at no additional cost to individuals who belong to a participating Insurance Plan. Please call the Front Desk at 970.510.1292.
- A FREE membership at Carbondale’s Recreation & Community Center with access to conditioning classes, exercise equipment, pool, and other amenities that accompany the basic membership
- Access to any participating fitness center throughout the U.S. while traveling
- Customized SilverSneakers classes designed exclusively for older adults who want to improve their strength, flexibility, balance and endurance
- Health education seminars and other events that promote the benefits of a healthy lifestyle
- A specially trained Senior Advisor at the fitness center to introduce you to SilverSneakers and acquaint you with their site & equipment