To view other Older Adult programs offered throughout the year, check out our brochure:
Older Adult Programs
(Canceled until Further Notice) Monday, Wednesday, and Fridays: Mah Jongg
The SilverSneakers Fitness Program offers a unique blend of physical activity, healthy lifestyle and socially oriented programming that enables older adults to take greater control of their health. It is available at no additional cost to individuals who belong to a participating Insurance Plan. Please call the Front Desk at 970.510.1292.
- A FREE membership at Carbondale’s Recreation & Community Center with access to conditioning classes, exercise equipment, pool, and other amenities that accompany the basic membership
- Access to any participating fitness center throughout the U.S. while traveling
- Customized SilverSneakers classes designed exclusively for older adults who want to improve their strength, flexibility, balance and endurance
- Health education seminars and other events that promote the benefits of a healthy lifestyle
- A specially trained Senior Advisor at the fitness center to introduce you to SilverSneakers and acquaint you with their site & equipment
The Silver&Fit exercise and healthy aging program is provided by American Specialty Health. It’s designed specifically for older adults. You may get access to Silver&Fit as a Medicare beneficiary through many insurance companies’ Medicare Advantage and Supplement plans.
Certain Medicare Advantage and Medicare Supplement plans include the Silver&Fit program as a benefit. Some people may also get access through a group retirement health plan.
You must meet at least one of these criteria to be eligible for Silver&Fit:
- You are age 65 or older.
- You are currently enrolled in Medicare.
To find out if you’re eligible, visit this online Silver&Fit eligibility check. You’ll need accept the Terms and Conditions, then enter your first name, last name, and birth date. If you’re an eligible Silver&Fit program member, follow the steps to enroll online.
Renew Active is available at no additional cost, exclusively from UnitedHealthcare® Medicare Plans.
Renew Active is a fitness program for body and mind designed to help people live their best lives and achieve their health and wellness goals. It provides access to an extensive choice of more than 6,000 fitness locations, including national, regional and local options, at no additional cost.
Please visit https://uhcrenewactive.com/home for more information.
There are no upcoming events.