- Turkey Trot: Thursday, November 28
- Light Up Carbondale: Friday, December 6
Earn that Thanksgiving turkey! Join Carbondale Parks and Recreation and Aloha Mountain Cyclery Thanksgiving morning, Thursday, November 28 for a 5K Walk/Run, 2.5K 1 Lap Fun Walk/Run, and/or Turkey Cross Bike Races. This race is for all ages and very non-competitive. We encourage costumes, fun, and families. All races are on the same off road course through North Face Park and RFHS grounds. Prizes for first, last, and middle 5K racers. The grand prize will go to the middle place 5K racer. There is a Gift for 1st 75 racers to register for either run/walk event. Costumes highly encouraged. Bonfire, Snacks, and Fun! Register for the Turkey Trot with Carbondale Rec. The cyclo cross race is also for fun. If you want to register for both the Turkey Trot and Turkey Cross register online for the Turkey Trot then add on the Cyclo Cross for $20. If you only want to register for the bike race, contact Aloha at 970.963.2500.
Ages: All Ages Welcome
September 1 – November 27 (12pm)
-Adults 5K $30/2.5K $25
-Senior/Youth 5K $25/2.5K $20
-Household 5K $75/2.5K $70
|Day of Registration |
November 28 (7-7:45am)
-Adults 5K $35/2.5K
-Senior/Youth5K $30/2.5K $25
-Household 5K $80/2.5K $75
(Cash or Check Only)
This is a canned food drive for Lift-up so a single donation of a non-perishable food item will take $5 off your entry fee.
Packet Pick up: Wednesday, November 27 12-5pm or Thursday, November 28, 7-7:45am
Race Start: 5K and 2.5K both begin at 8am sharp
-Pre-Registration closes at 12pm on Thursday. You may still register online or in person on the 27th, however you will be charged the Day of Registration rate, and packet pick up will be at the start line the morning of the race.
– Household is considered two adults and 1-4 children from the same household or family. Upon registration please list all runners/walkers plus ages for appropriate race bibs and prizes.
For more information please contact the race director, Margaret Donnelly, at 970-510-1280.
If you have been a good little boy or girl, let Santa know what you would like for Christmas. Write a letter or draw a picture and address it to Santa at the North Pole. Drop it off at Santa’s Mailbox at the Carbondale Recreation and Community Center from December 1-December 20. Make sure to sign your name and address so Santa can write back!
The Town of Carbondale Parks and Rec Department along with Carbondale Arts invites everyone to light up Carbondale and welcome Santa. The lights on the trees lining Main Street will come on when Santa reaches the 4th Street Plaza. There will be carolers, free hot chocolate, and cookies.
Come on down to the 4th Street Plaza Ice Rink on January’s First Friday for a free Community Party. We will have a fire pit, roast hot dogs and marshmallows, and drink hot chocolate. Ice skate rentals will be available at the Rec Center until 9pm
Join Carbondale Recreation, Aloha Mountain Cyclery, Independence Run and Hike, and RFTA for the ultimate Full Moon Winter Race!!!! The route: 3K out and back run from the rodeo grounds to main street; 4K cross country out and back ski from the rodeo grounds to Catherine Store Bridge; 5K bike race around the rodeo grounds. Run the entire triathlon individually, or put together a team. Teams can be 2 or 3 people, each completing a different leg of their choice during triathlon. Post race, enjoy a giant bonfire, hot soup and bread, snacks, awards, and a beautiful full moon. This is a great event for all levels, especially people who aren’t skilled at one particular event. This is a fun, safe, short, fast course, with a big party afterwards.
September 1 – January 10 (12pm)
$35 Per Individual or Team
|Day of Registration|
January 11 3-4pm
$40 Per Individual or Team
All registrations $5 off with a non-perishable food item for Lift Up
Packet Pick Up: Friday, January 10th 12-5pm or Saturday, January 11th 3:30pm
Race Staging: Saturday, January 11th 3:30-4:15pm
Race Start: 4:30pm as the full moon rises
Additional Race Info:
– Please note the Pre-Registration dates and Day of packet pick up dates are incorrect in the brochure. See above for correct dates and times.
– You can still register after 12pm on the 10th, however you will be charged the day of registration rate and you can pick up your packets Saturday, January 11th at 3:30pm.
– There are numerous places to rent or borrow both bikes or skis. We also have several bikes people are willing to loan out for the event. Please contact Aloha Mountain Cyclery 970-963-2500 about bike information and Independence Run and Hike 970-704-0909 about cross country ski information.
– If you would like to participate in one or two events, but need a teammate we can help. Contact the race director, Margaret Donnelly, at 970-510-1280. Leave your name, contact information, and the parts of the race you can do and we will help get you matched with a fellow racer.
– You must have appropriate winter race clothing, appropriate foot wear for the run, cross country skis (the track is groomed for skate or Nordic), a fat bike and helmet, and appropriate self illumination for all three events. The course is lit by your own head lamps and a full moon if it is clear.
-When you register as a team please list all the participants name and the leg of the race they are completing.