Join us for the third annual Tri for the Sun! This Triathlon is put on by the Town of Carbondale Parks and Rec Department and Sunlight Mountain Resort. We couldn’t be more excited to see competitors swim, bike, and trail running through our beautiful Valley! Pick your poison with a gravel or a road bike for the stunning ride over dry park road. Racers had success with both styles of bike last year so ride what’s right for you. The 5k running portion is all on rugged trail so make sure you get some hilly dirt work in before race day.
The Tri for the Sun is a unique sprint triathlon that will start at the John M. Fleet Carbondale Pool and end at Sunlight Mountain Resort! This is a non-sanctioned triathlon.
Starting at the Carbondale Pool, swim a half mile (32 lengths/16 laps), transition in Sopris Park to road/gravel bike and ride 16 miles to Sunlight (2,700ft vertical gain), and then transition at Sunlight Mountain Resort to a 5k trail run up the mountain (600ft vertical gain).
This event will be hand-timed, and all participants will need to abide by bicycle and pedestrian traffic laws on the road sections.
The route for bikers will include Main Street in Carbondale, traveling through the round-about, continuing up Thompson Creek Road (CR108), turning right onto Dry Park Road, and culminating up 4 Mile Road to Sunlight Resort. Helmets are required at all times during the biking portion.
The trail run will lead you from the resort into the stunning trail system of Babbish Gulch. You will run on 30% double track and 70% single track. There is no pavement in the run.
Register Here: https://www.trisignup.com/Race/CO/Carbondale/TrifortheSun
Our Town One Table: Community Dinner
How it works:
- All you need to do is reserve as many tables as you need for you and your group. Tables are 8 feet long and can comfortably seat 6-8 people. For reservations, please email Jamie : email@example.com
- We will provide the tables the day of the event. They will be lined up along 4th street (Main to Euclid)
- You only need to provide food and chairs for your table(s). We ask that you pack in and pack out as much as possible to help with the clean up in the end. Alcohol is not permitted at the event.
- This is a FREE event that is typically sponsored by local businesses to help cover the cost of the tables. If you would like to become a sponsor, please email Jamie as well.
- This years theme is TBD. You do not have to participate in table decorating, but if you do – there is a chance to win BEST TABLE and a prize!
- This years date is Sunday, August 20th and will be held at the same location on 4th and Main street (along 4th going down to Garfield/Euclid)
- Table check in begins at 3:30pm (first come first serve)
- Dinner beings at 5pm
- The event usually ends around 7:30/8pm when it starts to get dark out